Dubai has emerged as a leading regional commercial hub with state-of-the art infrastructure and a world-class business environment. It has now become the logical place to do business in the Middle East, providing investors with a unique and comprehensive value added platform. With its strategic location, tax-free living and consistently strong economic outlook, Dubai is the ideal base for multinationals and other companies targeting markets in Central Asia, the Middle East, Africa, the Asian Subcontinent and the Eastern Mediterranean.
As the leading regional trading hub, Dubai offers access to a market of outstanding potential for overseas companies in a wide range of sectors.
Among its key characteristics are:
- A large market: more than $17 billion in domestic imports annually; gateway to a $150 billion p.a. 2 billion population regional import market.
- A growing market: Dubai’s imports have more than doubled since 1989; regional economic growth and liberalisation is set to boost demand.
- A prosperous market: strategic location at the heart of one of the world’s richest regions.
- A diversified market: wide import requirements; opportunities for suppliers of most products.
- An accessible market: served by more than 170 shipping lines and 120 airlines.
- An open market: no exchange controls, quotas or trade barriers.
Dubai’s Business Climate
Dubai’s authorities have deliberately sought to create an environment, which is well ordered without being unduly restrictive. As a result, Dubai offers businessmen operating conditions that are among the most liberal and attractive in the region. There are many options open to international companies seeking to establish a business relationship with Dubai.
Dubai offers incoming business all the advantages of a highly developed economy. Its infrastructure and services match the highest international standards, facilitating efficiency, quality and service. Among the benefits are:
- Free enterprise system
- Highly developed transport infrastructure
- State-of-the-art telecommunications
- Sophisticated financial and services sector
- Top international exhibition and conference venue
- High quality office and residential accommodation
- Reliable power, utilities etc.
- First class hotels, hospitals, schools and shops
- Cosmopolitan lifestyle
Special Investment Incentives
Dubai’s highly successful Jebel Ali Free Zone and the Airport Free Zone provide all the advantages available elsewhere in the emirate, with the following additional benefits:
- 100% foreign ownership and control
- Renewable 15-year guarantee of no taxation
- No customs duties
- Flexible investment options
- Efficient transport and distribution facilities
- Full administrative and recruitment support.
Overseas companies setting up in Dubai can secure cost advantages not generally available internationally. Among the reasons are:
- No corporate taxes
- No income taxes
- No foreign exchange controls
- No trade barriers
- Competitive import duties (4% with many exemptions)
- Competitive labour costs
- Competitive energy costs
- Competitive real estate costs
Dubai presents international business with a wide range of opportunities for different activities and operations, including:
- Transport and distribution
- Manufacturing and processing
- Regional offices